The Brian Spurrett Foundation
Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 June 2014 12:13
A Memorial Foundation
Associate Professor Brian Spurrett was an exceptional human being: a man of great intellect, vision, inexhaustible enthusiasm and energy and an overwhelming concern for the welfare of humanity. Sadly, his death on 3 February 2000 was extremely premature but his strong interest and committment to reproductive and maternal health in the Pacific is continued through the Foundation.
Friends of Brian Spurrett Newsletter
View the lastest Friends of Brian Spurrett Newsletter 2014 (2.3 MB)
Brian Spurrett Foundation Objectives
The objectives of the Brian Spurrett Foundation are to:
- Provide fellowships to support doctors and nurses actively working in reproductive health in the Pacific, to undertake short-term training in an Australian or New Zealand institution.
- Hold or sponsor meetings, lectures, seminars, symposia or conferences for the promotion of knowledge in obstetrics and gynaecology and related subjects in Asia and Oceania.
- Promote friendly partnership between members of the medical profession and other scientists· to strengthen professional linkages between the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and the Pacific Society for Reproductive Health.
The Brian Spurrett Foundation Management Committee:
- Dr Rajat Gyaneshwar, Chairman
- Mrs Kerry Spurrett
- Professor Jeremy Oats
- RANZCOG President
- RANZCOG Honorary Treasurer
- RANZCOG CEO